- Full time
Somo are currently recruiting for a Content Designer to join our growing team.
The role of Content Designer will require you to take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand, working with people who don’t recognise good web usability and be able to explain your decisions/edits clearly
You will be required to scope, commission, write, edit and publish digital content across all channels (web, mobile, social media). Ensuring that customer journeys are the best they can be, as well as managing relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate
You will be accountable for delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to audience, easily understood, SEO optimised) and to style.
The role will require you to monitor the performance of content and tools and work with Product Managers and a multi-disciplinary teams to understand user behaviours and feedback, identifying ways to improve the content and to iteratively improve products.
You will be undertaking needs analysis – taking existing content, identifying content gaps and overlaps etc. In addition to you will be involved in transitioning content from existing sites to new services.
- Experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Proven experience of working within a web application development environment, proficient in writing Markdown, picture sourcing and editing
- Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Experience in working with a variety of content publishing systems
- Familiar working within an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals
- Previous experience of working on government projects and good working knowledge of Government Digital Services (GDS) would be highly advantageous but not essential.
About us at Somo
Somo creates digital products and services customers and employees love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
What makes us tick
Delivering innovative and exceptional products and solutions, built using quality driven standards and the latest technologies, used in the right way. We’re proud of the products that we build and that shows in the unswerving commitment to designing solutions that deliver real insight for our customers.
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.