As Senior Backend Developer you will work exclusively on projects for one of Somo’s top-tier Financial Services clients, as a member of a dedicated Somo development teams based on-site for most of the time.
You will work within an Agile process facilitated by an experienced Scrum Master, most often Scrum, working collaboratively within a close-knit team of experienced professionals to deliver highly functional, complex software for use by either internal business stakeholders or end customers.
Working within an environment using the latest techniques in continuous integration, automated testing, etc and be expected to contribute new ideas and code to further improve the technical environment. You will be required to demonstrate very strong object-oriented designs skills and a good understanding of well-engineered application design.
You will collaborate with other technical teams as required, supporting and where possible contributing to DevOps-related initiatives. As well as supporting and help promote technical and Agile processes and best practice.
As well as developing and supporting new and existing software according to your team’s project objectives, working within an Agile framework. Assisting with software releases when necessary, working closely with internal teams and clients
This is a contract role for an initial duration of 6 months, on large programme of work with one of our Financial Services Clients – successful applicants will need to pass the relevant FSA checks.
- In-depth knowledge of Java EE development including Web Services, REST, JPP
- In-depth knowledge of OOD and strong understanding of Functional Programming
- Previous experience of Spring, Hibernate, Spring MVC
- Excellent skills around Web Application Development, ideally JSF and JSP or similar technologies
- Good understanding of RDBMS such as SQL server/Oracle/MySQL
- Solid demonstrable background within Agile Java Development
- Strong knowledge of SOA, EDA, and design patterns
- Experience of working within code versioning and review tools (Git, Gerrit or similar) and log management tools.
- Hosting and server technologies, ideally IBM Websphere and Apache HTTP or Tomcat/ JBoss
- Previous experience of Dev Ops, cloud based deployments
- Knowledge of non-relational databases MongoDB/Cassandra
- Experience of code versioning tools like Git, Gerrit, Svn, Mercurial
- Good working knowledge of Jenkins, Ansible, SonarTDD / BDD
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of developing Android applications using Kotlin
- Experience of client-side front-end frameworks (eg. React, Angular) and/or client-side mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Previous Financial Services experience would be advantageous but not essential
About us at Somo
Somo creates digital products and services customers and employees love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
What makes us tick
Delivering innovative and exceptional products and solutions, built using quality driven standards and the latest technologies, used in the right way. We’re proud of the products that we build, with an unswerving commitment to designing and building solutions that deliver real value for our customers.
Applicants must be currently based in the UK or able to relocate immediately. Please note that we are unable to act as an intermediary or sponsor for you to acquire a work permit status in UK. You must have a valid work permit that permits you to work in full time hours to be eligible for this role.
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruiting agency CV’s. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.