We are recruiting for a Senior Front End Developer to be a foundational contributor to a greenfield project for a US client.
You will be required to build complex and adaptive web experiences using a modern tool chain including React. The client is progressive in their technology outlook. You will be part of a scrum team employing Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and modern DevOps pipelines to deliver product iterations every two weeks.
This role will initially require working hours of 12 PM to 9 PM London time to enhance collaboration with the client. In addition, you will be required to travel to the US for the first 2 weeks of the assignment. You will help expand and play a senior role within a team that will include other Frontend Developers, Backend Developers, a Scrum Master, Devops Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Solutions Architects, and UI Designers.
What will you be working on when you get here
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working effectively within a Scrum team
- Building dynamic, adaptive, maintainable, and performant web experiences using React, Mustache or a similar template engine, CSS3, and HTML5
- Maintaining a modern web tool chain using Sass, Webpack, Node.js, and related or similar tools
- Collaborating on creation and maintenance of specifications written in Gherkin or a similar ubiquitous language
- Writing and maintaining appropriate unit, component, and integration tests using agreed testing frameworks
- Adjusting and optimizing image assets using Gimp or Photoshop
- Managing code collaboratively in Git
- Following code review processes using Github pull requests or similar
- Maintaining the knowledge necessary to avoid and/or address cross-browser compatibility issues
- Advising on best practices around SEO and accessibility
- Experience within a Senior or Lead Developer role
- Proven experience designing and building complex web applications using React
- Extensive background using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- The ability to write and test reliable asynchronous code integrating with a variety of systems and APIs
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, including Accessibility and Usability considerations
- Considerable experience writing modular, reusable Sass to produce responsive, well-structured CSS3 (inc. Flexbox) without relying on frameworks
- Experience of being involved in cross-functional scrum teams, working in an agile environment
- Excellent, practical knowledge of cross-platform, cross-browser development and website testing techniques
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to relate technical ideas and best practices to all levels of the business, including technical leadership experience
- Good documentation skills, and knowledge of why they are essential to a quality product
- Experience using JIRA or similar project management / bug tracking tools
- Desire to take on a client-facing role, including some stakeholder management duties
- Desirable Skills
- Direct experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience writing specifications in Gherkin and running them via Cucumber
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and processes, especially experience building and running
- Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines and automated test suites
- Experience working with Adobe Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Somo is an accelerator. Through our Rapid Actionable Innovation engine we create products and services our customers love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
To apply click here
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CV’s. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.