Senior Front End Developer
Somo is a global leader in digital transformation. We create innovative technical solutions for mobile, web and other connected devices.
Our client, a top tier investment bank is currently in the process of migrating its existing research portal from a legacy bespoke platform to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) with documents authored via an external publishing platform.
The project comprises of several work streams that include component building, Apache Solr integration, curation and personalisation. The current development team consists of a mixture of AEM, Solr and Front-End developers that follow a scrum based agile methodology.
Are you an accomplished front-end developer with commercial experience of Node.js and React? We need your help! Candidates will provide technical leadership throughout the life-cycle of a project, with specific focus on web content management solutions. This could range from platform selection through the design, user interface and technical integration of projects, and interfacing with client technology and management teams. Initial responsibilities will be to develop new features, optimise components and enhance webpages to meet accessibility, search and security best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates will also collaborate with fellow developers and engineers to conceive implementation strategies and participate in review sessions with the client i.e. assessing the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
Background checks will be required as part of the onboarding process and working on-site with the client will be necessary at times.
- Proficient understanding of web markup including HTML5, CSS3 and Microformats. Experience of working on responsive and mobile based projects is essential.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS. Experience of CSS notations such as BEM is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of React and Redux.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Good understanding of code automation and optimisation tools such as Gulp and Grunt.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them. Experience of working with emails and IE8 is preferable. Experience of premailer is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN.
- Good understanding of SEO and accessibility principles and adherence to industry best practice.
- Good understanding of templating engines such as Mustache, Underscore and Handlebars.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering practices – SDLC.
- Commercial experience of TDD or BDD, integration testing tools i.e. Cucumber and front-end unit testing frameworks e.g. Mocha, Chai, Jasmine and Karma.
- Content personalisation, click-stream and content targeting.
- Multi-lingual, multi-country experience.
- Project leadership, Tech Lead experience
- AGILE / SCRUM preferred.
- Responsive email template development and testing. Any experience of pre-mailers would be a plus.
About us at Somo
Somo creates digital products and services customers and employees love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
What makes us tick?
Delivering innovative and exceptional products and solutions, built using quality driven standards and the latest technologies, used in the right way. We’re proud of the products that we build, with an unswerving commitment to designing and building solutions that deliver real value for our customers.
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.