Senior iOS Developer
- Full time
As a Senior iOS developer you will be part of our engineering team in Bristol working on a diverse range of premium applications for our clients.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining client app store, enterprise and internal iOS apps. Undertaking unit and integration tests and re-factor code to incorporate additional libraries or other technical frameworks. Whilst optimizing code for efficiency and to eliminate unnecessary calls and/or to increase performance.
You will work with the QA team to troubleshoot and debug software to determine causes of error and identify how to address and resolve them. In addition to carrying out research and developing proof of concepts.
A key part of the role will be participating in innovation hack days and internal lightning talks, and you will have the opportunity to attend conferences/training events (e.g. WWDC, DO iOS).
You’ll have strong communication skills, a can-do approach, the ability to work to challenging deadlines and the understanding that at times you’ll need to jump from project to project as needs dictate.
You will be passionate about pushing mobile technologies to the limits, making beautiful and enviable creations and have a desire to work with a team of talented designers, user experience experts, innovation specialists and platform engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile iOS applications.
- Degree – CompSci or BSc Software Eng or equivalent industry level experience
- Demonstrable commercial experience developing native (Objective-C/Swift) iOS applications
- Extensive experience of iOS SDK 8.0 – 10.0 (All Core frameworks, Cocoa Touch, UIKit)
- Proficiency in Xcode 8.x, Interface Builder and Instruments
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills including knowledge of design patterns and data structures.
- Experience integrating third-party web services in app deployments (e.g. social media-based authentication, access to third-party data and a variety of types – REST, SOAP, RPC)
- Experience using additional APIs and common features of iOS development; e.g. camera/photos, motion, location services, calendar & contacts, keychain, push notifications.
- Experience of using and/or authoring Cocoapods.
- Experience of developing custom UIs utilising storyboards and auto layout.
- Experience of developing custom animations and transitions.
- Strong understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines for iOS.
- Knowledge of version control using Git.
- Knowledge of Unit and UI testing and debugging.
- Experience in full lifecycle, team-based development work.
- Ability to accurately scope and estimate development effort.
- Client-facing experience.
- An impressive portfolio of live apps in the App Store or available for demo on-device.
- macOS app development experience
- Experience of AR SDKs (e.g. Vuforia)
- Experience implementing and/or using continuous integration
- Agile development experience
- Knowledge of Swift 2.x – 3.x with functional programming design skills
- Knowledge of / experience with app development frameworks (e.g. React Native)
- Familiarity with OpenGL and 3D graphics is a plus
- Behaviour-Driven Development frameworks (e.g. Kiwi)
About us at Somo
Somo creates digital products and services customers and employees love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
What makes us tick
Delivering innovative and exceptional products and solutions, built using quality driven standards and the latest technologies, used in the right way. We’re proud of the products that we build and that shows in the unswerving commitment to designing solutions that deliver real insight for our customers.
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.