- Full time
Our Technical Architects bridge the commercial/product and engineering worlds and are responsible for conceiving, specifying and governing technical solutions that meet our client’s requirements. TAs are also expected to estimate technical deliveries and assist project managers in structuring project delivery per the requirements of the project.
To be a successful Somo SA you will need to be a cross-disciplined low-level technical expert, still like to be hands-on and have your finger on the pulse at all times.
What will you be working on when you get here
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be involved in assisting the commercial team with technical aspects of RFPs and attending new business pitches
- Responsible for conceptualising and estimating full-stack technical solutions, and producing detailed full-stack technical designs and associated specifications.
- You will be working closely with Product Managers to undertake technical requirements gathering and assisting Project Managers in delivery planning.
- In addition you will be responsible for ensuring technical governance of engineering and QA team delivery per specification and involved in communicating technical concepts to different audiences/viewpoints
- You will work closely with project team members (PMs, engineers, QA) and be involved in working with 3rd party technical stakeholders
- Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to effectively collect and document technical business requirements
- A track record of technical leadership and a structured approach to deliver high value outcomes
- Ability to manage own time, and manage client expectations as well as those of other project team members
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous project deliveries under high pressure
- Current, hands-on modern technologies knowledge
- Excellent knowledge/experience of system architectures
- Excellent knowledge/experience of integration, SOA, web services
- Good knowledge/experience of native/hybrid mobile application construction
- Good knowledge/experience of system types such as CMSs, CRMs, ERPs, BI etc.
- Good technical diagramming skills such as flow charts, ERDs, UML
- Professional and personable at all times
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take responsibility for any technical issues that occur during delivery
- Good judgment and a pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimises architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological
- Thought-leadership in emerging mobile and web design technologies
- Experience of MEAP, MDM, MAM, MADP a strong bonus
- Infrastructure design and capacity testing experience
- Enterprise integration experience a bonus
- Adobe AEM – in particular the latest 6.x release – including usage of the JCR, DAM and general development ideas (runmodes, components, querybuilder); the Sightly templating engine
- Lucene & Solr search concepts – faceting, personalized results
- Data transformation and modelling – working with XML, JSON, HTML
- Experience of testing using JUnit, Meanbean, Mockito – particular within the AEM context, behavior testing with Cucumber
- Oversight of front end development using tools such as Grunt, Bower, SASS, LESS and HTML frameworks such as Zurb & Bootstrap
- Build tools including Maven & Gradle
- Server environments – CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu – working knowledge of Apache, nginx, modules such as the dispatcher for AEM, FPM for PHP
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable and successful establishing professional relationships
- Organised and analytical
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Calm under pressure, pragmatic and professional
About us at Somo
Somo creates digital products and services customers and employees love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
What makes us tick
Delivering innovative and exceptional products and solutions, built using quality driven standards and the latest technologies, used in the right way. We’re proud of the products that we build and that shows in the unswerving commitment to designing solutions that deliver real insight for our customers.
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.