- Full time
We are currently recruiting for an experienced User Researcher to join our team at Somo.
The role will require you to generate feedback and insight needed in order to build a clear picture of users and ensure solutions that are delivered are what they need. You will be responsible for generating new and useful user insights and translate these into features and actions to aid service improvements.
You will need to demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
You will be responsible for planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions, as well as conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments.
Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys and presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user centered design practices.
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services.
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions.
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services.
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas.
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field or equivalent industry level experience.
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Experience within a research and digital environment.
- Previous experience of working within a government body would be advantageous but not essential.
About us at Somo
Somo creates digital products and services customers and employees love.
We make sense of the complex, fragmented, fast-paced digital world to increase sales, raise brand awareness and make businesses more productive. We provide strategy and innovation, creative and development, data analysis and technology solutions.
What makes us tick
Delivering innovative and exceptional products and solutions, built using quality driven standards and the latest technologies, used in the right way. We’re proud of the products that we build and that shows in the unswerving commitment to designing solutions that deliver real insight for our customers.
Somo does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs. Somo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.